Thursday, December 23, 2010

Back In the Land of the Living...

Wow, I'm back. What a week we've had around here. My sisters were here from Wednesday evening to Sunday and we had such a nice time together. They were able to go with me to my second chemo treatment. We had a fun and noisy time over there together! :)

We did some Christmas shopping on Saturday. Sunday morning, we all got up and went to chuch together. Except Leigh. She had come down with a flu bug and and had spent the night throwing up with chills and the whole 9 yards. She stayed home and by the time we got home from church, Carleen was feeling ill. Those poor girls had to catch the plane back to Colorado that evening and had to endure a bus ride down there and a few hours waiting in the airport all while sick. Yuck!

Monday evening I came down with the flu. I have to say that I don't believe I have ever been that sick in my entire life and I hope to never repeat it again. I seriously wished during the night of vomiting that God would just take me home right then and there. Kylie threw up on the stairs and then moved into our bedroom. It was her and I going at it all night. My dear husband didn't get much sleep that night. By Tuesday, I was semi-upright but feeling very rough still.

I really had a tough time with my thoughts during this time. Wondering if I can do this and if I really wanted to. I can't describe the feelings because I am by nature a pretty positive person most of the time. I recognized that I had these same feelings during the triplets birth and it was associated with the steroids I am on and was on then. Unfortunately, I have to continue the steroids but have been prescribed something to help.

I also heard from many of my dear friends who had encouraging words and verses for me. My friend, Amanda texted me this after receiving news that I was having a hard time. "I will definitely pray and if there is one person I know who can get through this it's you! I've always looked up to you. Your faith and trust in the Lord is all you need! You can do it, I know you can! I love Isaiah 40:31, "but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not faint!" I love you so much and hope things get better!" Thanks Amanda and so many others for your encouraging words.

I found out that we picked up the bug over at the hospital at chemo on Friday. It took out a whole slew of doctors and nurses and with a incubation period of 24-48 hours the timing was right.

Currently, Macy and my mother threw up last night. Levi and Shelby are down for the count right now. My Dad has had a sour stomach all day and Dan and his parents are fine. This really feels like a spiritual attack with all the other things going on beside so please continue praying for us.

The good news is that I feel awesome today! Chemo took from 9 - 2 instead of all day and that was a blessing in itself. I got to spend the day with my sweet man and we even did some Christmas shopping afterward.

I think I'm ready for Christmas. We will have soup and appetizers tomorrow night and attend our Candle Light Christmas Eve Service. We will open gifts Christmas morning.

We have so much to be thankful for! There's lots of white snow on the ground, I have TWO christmas trees up and my house is fully decorated, we are surrounded by incredible friends and family, we have a wonderful, new house we are settling into, and above all, we have a gracious, good, loving heavenly father who fights for us every day! What more could we want? :)

Merry, merry Christmas to you all!

And there arose a great storm of wind, and the waves beat into the ship, so that it was now full. And he was...asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, "Master, carest thou not that we perish?" And he arose and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, "Peace, be still." And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm. Mark 4:37-39

Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you. Isaiah 46:4

1 comment:

Lorsie said...

Hi dear, Brodie and I loved visiting with you all the other day we feel blessed. I found this and wanted to share one with you. God bless with love, Lori

Even in hard times we can be confident that we will have victory through you. In all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. Rom 8:37

Happy New Year!!!