Friday, December 10, 2010

One Chemo Treatment Under My Belt

Well, one of the treatments is over and done with. It wasn't too bad. They put my iv in on the first go.

It was a long day. I checked in at 9 a.m. and didn't finish the last bag until 5 p.m. They have comfy Lazy Boy recliners to sit in and windows across the whole room. I ate a great meal from the hospital cafeteria - didn't know that was even possible! :)

I had a small reaction to the medication so it was slowed down and that accounted for the extra couple of hours.

Overall, I feel pretty good just a little weak.

I am planning on Christmas shopping tomorrow! Pray for strength and endurance for me that I may run the race, you know the one in the crowded shopping mall. :)



2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

4 comments:

Deneen said...

We'll pray your hours get cut on your new "9-5pm job" at chemo. The nurses are nice there at chemo, but Lisa, the Chemo Queen, can only remember a couple of Laffy Taffy jokes at time.

Here's one for you:
What do you call a sleepwalking nun? See the answer at the bottom.
=====================
We love you lots and God loves you more! Shelby, I would have never guessed that you're a screamer?! The Mayo resource library gave us some good info. in general and some specific to IBC...give it to you on Sunday.

Answer: A Roman Catholic

Unknown said...

So glad we got to hug on Thursday! Love you.

Unknown said...

Co, take care of yourself and please call if there is anything we can do. Even if it's just to chat! We've been thinking a lot about you guys lately! Love you all, Rach and Wes

patti said...

If you need a good support group, and some great advice and just plain good people, www.ibcsupport.org is a great place to be.
I pray your journey will be well tolerated.

God Bless

Patti Bradfield, President
The Inflammatory Breast Cancer Foundation
www.eraseibc.com
www.komotv.com/ibc