Thursday, December 9, 2010

MOA

We took a break from cancer and went with the Mall of America with the whole family - all eight of us. My mom and dad are here from Colorado to help with appointments and all the kids we have running around this house.



We left yesterday about 9 and returned last night at 12:30 p.m. We spent the day shopping and letting the kiddos ride the rides at the Nickelodeon Theme Park. The mall is decorated beautifully for Christmas and the shops are so varied and cool.



I had my fingernails buffed by some guy with a really bad accent who tried his hardest to sell be some priceless stuff from the Dead Sea. Run, if you see them coming at you! :)



We ate at the Rainforest Cafe for the kids.



For just a little while we all forgot about cancer. We laughed and ate and screamed (right, Shelby?). What a great day and such a nice getaway.



_______________________________________________



Today, I went to the doctor for an echo cardiogram. It was to check my heart because the chemo meds can be hard on the ticker apparently. I found out my heart is strong in good shape. Then I met with my regular doc to talk a few things over.



I have a blood clotting disorder called factor 5 that I didn't even know about until I was in the hospital in labor with the triplets. Chemotherapy can cause clotting disorders also. Please pray that blood clots don't even become an issue for me.



Anyway, chemotherapy starts tomorrow morning at 9 a.m. I was told to prepare for about 6 hours this first time because they give it slowly to see how well I tolerate it.



I started on steroids tonight. They are suppose to help with chemotherapy. Last time I was on steroids I had just had the triplets and I was a little bit of a fruitcake. Ask Dan sometime for the full story. Suffice to say that we are praying that doesn't happen this time. :)



I get a port put in next week on Wednesday and I'm told that is a much nicer way to go than having an i.v. inserted each and every time I get chemo.



Ok, enough of the cancer talk.



Thank you, thank you, thank you to my dear family, friends and church family that have reached out during this time. We have so much to be thankful for!







So do not fear, for I am with you: do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you: I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaian 41:10

No comments: