Friday, December 3, 2010

Inflammatory Breast Cancer

Cancer. A word I never really thought would be associated with me. I have inflammatory breast cancer. I've been living with the news for about 6 days now.

I meet with my oncologist tomorrow and will have lots more information then. I will be starting chemo very soon.

Funny, I don't feel sick. I feel normal, just like me. So hard to believe there is an enemy inside of me.

I have cried and cried. I have picture the worse case scenario. I have worried and wept.

I have come down to this. I am going to trust God on this. I can look back and see how he's cared for me, how he's always provided, how he's loved me. He's always had my best interests at heart and I know that hasn't changed.

1 Corinthians 2:9 says this, "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind imagined what God has prepared for those who love him."

My hope is in him. I will praise him in yet another storm.



Here is an awesome song by Matthew West. Click on link to hear it on You Tube. Listen if you get a chance.

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%253A%252F%252Fwww.youtube.com%252Fwatch%253Fv%253DswKPS9q7rMU&h=fe9a6&ref=nf

1 comment:

Lani Popehn said...

Thank you so much for sharing this song, it is a blessing.Sending you all of our love and prayers everyday!