Saturday, January 1, 2011

Dr visit and 4th chemo

Hi all! It's time for an update!

I saw the doctor - my oncologist - on Tuesday. I now have a bit more of a plan after our visit. I have a total of 12 weeks of chemo this first go around. I will have several weeks off of chemo before my double masectomy and a few weeks off after. Then, there will be more chemo and radiation. He said that things were looking good. Swelling in my breast has gone down and it has returned to a normal color and no more orange peel skin. Probably more than you ever wanted to know about my boob but I guess it goes with the territory! :)

My fourth chemo treatment was on Friday. I have been tolerating it well. We were able to get through the treatment in 5 - 5 1/2 hours. Last week, I had my tired days on Christmas day and Sunday but the rest of the week was really good. I had energy and felt almost normal. :)

We have had some wonderful snow fall over the past few days. I love how God covers the earth with such a pristine white. We made some beautiful ice candles for the front porch last night. My sister had never made them before.

We stayed in last night for New Year's Eve. We made tons of fun appetizers and played cards most of the evening. My sis brought silly string and the kiddos had a great time spraying it all over the house. We had a great time!



Silly string everywhere! :)




My sister and I.



Getting chemo.


God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give away and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though it's waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging. Psalm 46:1-3

2 comments:

Mary Aalgaard said...

You sound like you're in great spirits. So glad that you've had family around. The silly string is super fantastic. What a great mom to allow the kiddos to just let loose! Take care!!!!!!!!! Hugs!

La Nostra Vita Bella said...

I love the new look on your blog and the pictures! Glad that you all had a good Christmas and such a fun New Year! Lots of love to everybody up there! Muah!
~Savy