Friday, January 21, 2011

Chemo Update #7

Three posts in one day? The steroids have me rockin' today! :) Whoo hoo!

I had an appointment with my doc today. Things are progessing well and it looks like I will be having my surgery around the week of March 13. Understand this could change at any time if my white blood cells drop or chemo has to be delayed for any reason. We will just pray that doesn't happen.

Chemo still seems to be doing it's job. He did change one of my medications because it was causing me to have many headaches. The plus to this new one is that it's an injection and not a 30 minute iv bag so my day was even shorter. I was out of there by 1:30. 5 chemo left!

A few ways that you can be praying for me are: my feet are going numb from the chemo drugs. We knew this was a possible side effect as the drugs damage nerve endings. My doctor said these could be permanent but I know that with God all things are possble and I'm praying that the damage will be reversed once I'm done with chemo. Pray that I don't have problems with stumbling and walking due to the numbness.

Pray about my work situation. I am hoping to be done working soon. I have been working full time still and due to many reasons, I am wanting to be able to take some time off until after surgery. Pray that God works out all the details and that He will provide all we need.

As stated above, pray that the chemo does what it's suppose to do and that all my levels stay high enough that chemo will not have to be delayed.

---------------------------------------------------------

On a side note, it was -37 degrees when I got out of bed this morning! That's not windchill but air temperature folks! My car was parked outside at work and I was praying all the way out there that it would start because my appointment was at 8 a.m. Turns out we really didn't need to hurry because my doctor was stuck in a snow bank.

Speaking of snow banks, I came around the corner on my street on Wednesday and slid my car, engine first into a snow bank. I buried her up to the grill in snow. Some have since told me that they think I drive a little too fast for road conditions but I'm not sure about that. :0 I have some pretty bald tires that need replacing.

Anyway, my car just happened to be straddling the neighbor's driveway. Thankfully, they are snowbirds (wimpy people) who are not home currently. My husband was at work and so I walked home. The walk was quite a bit farther that I thought and the temperature a balmy 2 degrees. Did you know that body warmth escapes through a bald head very quickly? I had on a cute, little scarf over my head because I was at an appointment but it had 0 warmth factor! :) I made it home safely and if I had looked a little more closely in my car before departing it could have had mittens and a nice hat on my bald head. I guess it was a great day for a walk! (PS: Dan was able to pull my car out that evening when he got home.)

I look behind me and You're there, then up ahead and You're there, too -
Your reassuring presence, coming and going.
This is too much, too wonderful! Psalm 139:5 The Message

1 comment:

Mary Aalgaard said...

Goodness! The adventures never end. I was wondering about your work and if you were still there. It's the overnight job, right? I hope you are able to move out of that job and into the one of healing and being with your own kids. Walk carefully! And, drive carefully! I'm praying for you.