Saturday, March 3, 2012

Can I Really Have a 13 Year Old?

Shelby got her hair cut and layered yesterday. Sometimes, I look at her and I'm confused. How did I get here; old enough to have a 13 year old daughter. Actually, I could have a much older child but still... she's my eldest. 

I see her growing and maturing. She's a beauty on the outside but what counts even more is what's on the inside. She has a love for God that astounds and humbles me sometimes. I'm so thankful that God gave her to her daddy and I for these few, short years. I realized a few days ago that in five years, she will be 18. Where has the time gone?

Life just goes so quickly, made up of thousands of moments like these.






1 comment:

riopillow said...

she is such a beautiful girl. I am so impressed by her friendliness, faith, and joy of life. And by far she is the best babysitter in the world.
You have done a wonderful job!