Friday, March 16, 2012

Getting Flushed Today

I'm in ambulatory services waiting to get my monthly port flushing. The place is extremely busy today, every chair filled. I'm sitting in a folding chair in the walkway until one of the nurses gets a free moment to take care of me.
I see new faces mostly older but one or two younger people. I did this for one whole year and coming back here reminds me how much I do not miss this place.

I joke with the nurses that it would be kind of them to set up a drive thru service for quick jobs like me.  I wouldn't even have to get out of my car to have my port flushed.

At the same time last year, I looked like this.


I can't even explain how good this year feels compared to last.

I'm not a fixture here anymore and for that I'm so thankful.



No comments: