Monday, February 11, 2013

It Snowed!

We got about 8-10 inches of snow last night. I was hoping for a foot but at least we got some beautiful snow! A friend from church came by last night and plowed us out so we are good to go. Everything is pristine and white today. I love it! The kids are outside and have been for a couple of hours. I think they are trying to build a snow fort in the big piles of snow that the plow left.

Life is filled with school, meals, physical therapy for me, and of course, my appointment every other week to have a spinal tap. I almost forget about the appointment during the weeks that I don't have it. I will be so glad when it's done. I've been happy about the progress I'm making in physical therapy. I'm able to get up from my wheel chair to my walker without help. Dan took down the hospital bed this weekend and I've been sleeping in our bed again! Praise the Lord!

I've been sitting here wondering what to have for supper. I checked our list (my in laws Dave and Jo are here to help) and we had come up an old favorite. Tonight we are going to have burrito bake. Here's the recipe.

Burrito Bake

heat oven to 375 degrees

1 c Bisquick
1/4 c water
1 can refried beans
1 lb ground beef (cooked and drained)
1 can or jar of green chili salsa
1 1/2 c shredded cheese ( your choice I use colby jack)

Grease 8 inch square pan. Mix beans, water and Bisquick. Spread in pan. Layer remaining ingredients.

Double for 9x13 pan.

I better run. Gotta get supper going.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Co - It is so good to hear you getting up and about and contemplating dinner. I am so glad you are feeling better. I know you have a long road sweetie, but you have started. Love you so much. I pray for you everyday. Rhonda

Anonymous said...

I am not sure how to leave a comment on your blog. I have tried several times. But, I don't think I have actually accomplished it. So, I thought I would try again. I just want to let you know how happy I am that you are improving and feeling better. I know it's a tough road lying ahead of you, but you have started my dear friend. I love you so much and pray for you everyday. Rhonda