Monday, January 30, 2012

Just What is Neutering?

Our two, younger girls went to see their friends, Grace and Abby to play Saturday afternoon. Today, I received an email from their mother, Sara, about a conversation she had with Macy. I'm posting it here because it's too funny to pass up.

A little background before you read the email below. Boots, our cat, is getting neutered on Wednesday and we've had a few conversations with the kids about what will take place and why. We wanted them to know that Boots will be sore and moving slow for a few days.

Here's Sara's email to me. Thanks, Sara for sharing this with me!



Here's a conversation I had with Macy the other day:

Macy:  "Does your cat still have its claws?"

Me: "Yes, cause they stay outside."

Macy: "We're having our cats penis taken off and his claws."

Me: "Oh, that's getting a cat fixed. Only I don't think they take off the whole penis, I think they take off the other body part, the testicles."

Macy: Oh yeah, the balls. They're taking off the balls.

Then later she repeated, "We're getting our cats balls taken off."

I held in my laughter all day long, until after the kids went to bed and I got to tell Josh about it, and it felt SO GOOD to laugh!  Grace was quite stunned you know. I just went through a sex book with her and she learned about it all.  She was actually speechless over this conversation, it was SO FUNNY.







No comments: