Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The "Do You Really Care About This Crud" Post

I'm sitting on my couch with my laptop. The fireplace is on (I wish I had a wood fireplace), snow falling outside, and a lazy kitten sleeping right in front of the fire.


I've been fighting a nasty cold for close to two weeks now. I've got a cough that sounds like I've been smoking  Camels since I was four. I thought I was getting over this cold and it seems to have circled back around on me. My nose is running today and it's making me grumpy.

We are settling back into routine since Christmas has come and gone. I am having less achy bones these days and for that I am so grateful. I'm guessing my chemo meds are finally working their way out of my system.

I went and got my Chia Pet hair cut today and I finally feel like it has some style. The Afro is gone! She told me that I have perfect Hallie Berry hair right now. Thank you very much. Here's a quick pic of the new do. Check out the hair and dismiss the pale skin, watery eyes and red nose.


We have been running quite a bit lately. Shelby has been to the dentist more times that I can count. She has 3 baby teeth that are not coming out of her mouth due to extremely long roots anchoring them in there. She had two pulled on Monday and then another one and a filling next Monday. She's been quite a trouper and will be glad to have this all over. We are also making trips to visit an orthodontist to determine if she needs braces on her teeth. Time for one of us to look for a night job.

My house could use a good cleaning right now. The laundry isn't washing itself. I should put supper on the stove pretty soon. But this couch is feeling pretty good. Maybe a little nap like kitty wouldn't be such a bad thing...



1 comment:

Mary Aalgaard said...

You look lovely. Naps are good.