Friday, December 2, 2011

Done, Finito, Terminado

I finished my last treatment today. It was super busy today in ambulatory services. There were no dancers, streamers, or a live news report announcing that I finished chemo but it felt like there should have been.

I did come home to a house decorated by my beloved children. Streamers and a banner saying, Happy Last Herceptin". And balloons. I'm pretty sure they love me. :)

So that's it. This is the point I've been working toward all year.

God is good. Every day a sweet, sweet gift.

Bring it on.

I intend to embrace life with much relish!






We pray that you'll have the strength to stick it out over the long haul - not the grim strength of gritting your teeth but the glory-strength God gives. It is strength that endures the unendurable and spills over into joy. Colossians 1:11 MSG



1 comment:

Janet said...

Congratulations! So thankful for the way the Lord has taken you through the year of hard things and brought you out the other side victorious! Still keeping you in my prayers. Thanks for sharing your journey.