Sunday, March 6, 2011

Missing Eyebrows and Such

I'm missing a few hairs in my eyebrows and some of my eyelashes have fallen out. What in the world??? :) I guess since the hair on the top of my head is starting to grow back, my eyebrows and eyelashes decide to have a go at it! Go figure! None of it really matters because it will all fall out again with the next round of chemo. Bald is beautiful...right?

Alright, now that I have that off my chest we can move on to more important things.

We had a super time at the water park this past weekend. It was so nice to get out of the house and let the kids run wild. We had a excellent meal at Famous Dave's and then spend Friday evening and Saturday til about one in the water park. We came home with four very tired but happy kids.






No pics of me because I really do look like a cue ball! :)

My surgery has been changed to Wednesday, March 23rd. I went in last week for my pre-op physical. I will go over tomorrow for my iv bag of Herceptin. I thought I was done for now but I was wrong. I will be on Herceptin for a few years after I am finished with the rest of my treatment. I am completely finished with Taxol which has been causing the neuropathy (numb hands and feet). Please pray for healing of my feet and hands.

I did meet with my oncologist and was able to finally chat with him about my PET scan. As stated before, my scan was good news. I don't think the PET scan can proclaim one's cancer is gone or not. It showed no cancer but cancer has to be at least 1 centimeter before the scan can pick it up. That means over a billion cancer cells have to be lumped together to be seen.

So, my cancer could be gone (I believe it is). Or, there could be some still left that doesn't show up on the scan because it's smaller now.

Jesus sometimes healed people instantaneously of their diseases and then other times he had them go through all the motions to be healed. I will continue through the prescribed treatment because that is what I feel I should do.

I am feeling very well this week. I can tell it's been 10 days since my last chemo. I have more energy and I feel more like my old self! It's so nice. I have a few weeks before my surgery. I plan on using each day wisely!

I leave you with the words to a song that my friend ,Sara, and I are practicing to sing at church soon. I love what it says.

Great is thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me
Morning by morning I wake up to find
The power and comfort of God’s hand in mine
Season by season I watch Him, amazed
In awe of the mystery of His perfect ways
All I have need of, His hand will provide
He’s always been faithful to me.

I can’t remember a trial or a pain
He did not recycle to bring me gain
I can’t remember one single regret
In serving God only, and trusting His hand
All I have need of, His hand will provide
He’s always been faithful to me.

This is my anthem, this is my song
The theme of the stories I’ve heard for so long
God has been faithful, He will be again
His loving compassion, it knows no end
All I have need of, His hand will provide
He’s always been faithful,
He’s always been faithful
He’s always been faithful to me.

He's Always Been Faithful - Sara Groves

No comments: