Saturday, February 26, 2011

chemo 11 and 12 done!

My last chemo with Taxol and Herceptin was given to me this past Friday. I am so thankful to have this leg of the journey finished!

My surgery has been scheduled for Friday, March 25. I have a few weeks to rest up and regain strength. I am so looking forward to this time off.

We were given passes to a local water park, a stay at the water park hotel and a gift certificate to a restaurant that is close to the hotel by our incredible church family. I think that is what is on tap for this coming weekend. We'll take the kids and just relax and play for a night.

Jill, Mikayla and Zane (Dan's sister, niece and nephew) came up for a visit last weekend. It was so nice to have them here. We really didn't do anything but we did watch some movies and play a few games. Our little ones get to bug the heck out of their cousins and because of some icy roads down in Iowa, they got to camp out here an extra day. It was a fun time.

My sister-in-law, Jill, played this song for my by Rascal Flatts. She made me cry. :) Anyway, click here to watch a video of them singing it live. It made me think again, about all our dear friends and family and how you all have lifted us up during this tough time in our lives. What would we do without you? Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I can't even begin to tell you how much we love all of you. You all are so appreciated!



Encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today. Hebrews 3:13



Two are better than one, because they are a good return for their work. If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up! Ecclesiastes 4:9-10



There is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

1 comment:

Mary Aalgaard said...

That is a great song. Glad to read some good news. Rest well. Enjoy your waterpark and rest.