Thursday, February 3, 2011

Can't think of a title, title

Just a quick update.

My sister and her husband were here last weekend. They came on Thursday and left Monday afternoon. We had so much fun but I didn't take any pictures. Seriously, what is wrong with me? The boys went ice fishing and caught......... NOTHING. Well, that little, tiny fish only a little bigger than the bait fish doesn't count. Carleen went to chemo with me on Friday. They cooked a seriously good Italian spread for us. They sugared our kids up and then they left.

Monday, I developed a fever and felt quite cruddy all day. After my family left, I called my doctor and told them I was running a fever. They told me to come to the ER right away. Dan came home from work and and ran me over to the hospital. They did blood work, a chest x-ray, and gave me iv antibiotics. All that to rule out other things I guess. I do think that I have a nasty sinus infection so maybe that is it. I was sent home with more antibiotics.

I continue to run a fever but only at night and some mornings. Not sure what my body is trying to oust but I will go to chemo tomorrow and see what they have to say. I am praying that they don't delay my chemo. I guess we will see tomorrow. Tomorrow will be my 9th chemo! Three left on this round!

I began my leave from work this week. I can't tell you how wonderful it is to sleep through the night in my bed. We know that God will provide for us during this time and what a relief it is to put it in His hands and leave it there.

Lastly, I read this from one of my books the other day and thought it was so profound and just what I needed for that day.

From Jesus Calling Enjoying Peace in His Presence by Sarah Young

Follow me one step at a time. That is all I require of you. In fact, that is the only way to move through this space/time world. You see huge mountains looming, and you start wondering how you're going to scale those heights. Meanwhile, because you're not looking where you are going, you stumble on the easy path where I am leading you now. As I help you get back on your feet, you tell Me how worried you are about the cliffs up ahead. But you don't know what will happen today, much less tomorrow. Our path may take an abrupt turn, leading you away for those mountains. There may be an easier way up the mountains than visible from this distance. If I do lead you up the cliffs, I will equip you thoroughly for that strenuous climb. I will even give My angels charge over you, to preserve you in all your ways.
Keep your mind on the present journey, enjoying My Presence. Walk by faith, not by sight, trusting Me to open up the way before you.

Psalm 18:29, Psalm 91:11, 2 Corinthians 5:7

Amen. Just what I needed to hear!

1 comment:

Mary Aalgaard said...

Prayers, hugs, blessings, and better health. That's what I'm sending to you.
Peace,
Mary