Sunday, March 20, 2011

Surgery on Wednesday (3/23)

My surgery is coming up in a few days (Wednesday the 23rd) and, frankly, I'm a little nervous. My head knows that God has everything under control, that He's with me always, that He can be trusted with my life. Still, I'm not into pain and I will wake up with part of my body gone, cut off, thrown away. I'm not sure why but this just seems like a painful, emotional step for me.


My devotion for today in Jesus Calling by Sara Young says this, Trust Me and don't be afraid, for I am your strength and song. Think what it means to have Me as your Strength. I spoke the universe into existence; My Power is absolutely unlimited! Human weakness, consecrated to Me, is like a magnet, drawing My Power into your neediness. However, fear can block the flow of My Strength into you. Instead of trying to fight your fears, concentrate on trusting Me. When you relate to ME in confident trust, there is no limit to how much I can strengthen you.

Father, help me to completely trust you.

I love these words from the song called Never Let Go by the David Crowder Band.

When clouds veil sun
And disaster comes
Oh, my soul Oh, my soul
When waters rise
And hope takes flight
Oh, my soul
Oh, my soul
Oh, my soul

Ever faithful
Ever true
You I know
You never let go
You never let go
You never let go
You never let go

When clouds brought rain
And disaster came
Oh, my soul
Oh, my soul
When waters rose
And hope had flown
Oh, my soul
Oh, my soul
Oh, my soul

Oh, my soul
Overflows
Oh, what love, oh, what love
Oh, my soul
Fills hope
Perfect love that never lets go

Oh, what love, oh, what love
Oh, what love, oh, what love
In joy and pain
In sun and rain
You're the same
Oh, You never let go

________________________________________________

You can pray for me in these ways:

Pray for the surgeon and all his staff that God would help them to remove anything that might contain cancer.
Pray for my recovery that it would go well.
Pray that I wouldn't get a staph infection - a real concern these days when you are in the hospital.
Pray for me in my continuing treatments. I should start chemo 4 weeks after surgery. That will continue for 8 weeks. Then, I will start radiation.
Pray that God would help me to accept this change to my body and that He would replace it with something better in some way.
Thank God that my fever has gone but I have a chest cold. Pray that it would be gone by Wednesday. We serve a BIG God!

I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten— the great locust and the young locust, the other locusts and the locust swarm— my great army that I sent among you. You will have plenty to eat, until you are full, and you will praise the name of the LORD your God, who has worked wonders for you; never again will my people be shamed. Then you will know that I am in Israel, that I am the LORD your God, and that there is no other; never again will my people be shamed. Joel 2:25-27

Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever, amen. Ephesians 3:20-21

1 comment:

Mary Aalgaard said...

Prayers to you for all those things. Peace in your hearts and love all around. You are surrounded by a great cloud of witnesses. You are loved greatly and your family has much support.
Love,
Mary