Tuesday, March 31, 2009

God is so good!

I am now employed full time and it won't interfere with my homeschooling, my evenings or my daytime. How can this be, you ask?

On Sunday morning, Sandy from our church came up to Dan and I right after the service and asked to talk to us. She was wondering if I would be interested in a job that involved care for a special needs lady who is 28 years old. I went Sunday afternoon for a job interview and I was hired on the spot!

The job is at night from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. from Sunday to Thursday. I will be sleeping there and only need to get up to help her if she needs to go to the bathroom. I have my own gorgeous bedroom with a huge bed, a flat screen tele and a connecting bathroom with a huge shower, and my own porch that looks right out at the lake.

Because the family that I will be working for is quite wealthy, I'll get some nice perks that come along with the job. Because they have a house in the cities, they are down there quite a bit and when they are not here, I'll still get paid. I can also take the kids swimming at their house and use their pontoon boat. Their house is out on a point here on the chain and has water on 3 sides. It's incredible! They also said that they frequently get tickets to the Twins and the Vikings and will pass those along because they rarely go. :) Whoo, hoo!

I met the lady I will be caring for and we liked each other immediately. She kept saying that she was so happy. I think we will get along just fine!

Dan and I have both been praying for a way to pay off our bills (early) and that it would be a way that would let me continue to homeschool and be at home with the kids as we both feel that this is really what God has called me to do. We started wondering...what would this job look like, how could it even work out? We realized that this is where faith becomes action instead of just words. We began laying it at God's feet during prayer and trusting him for the answer. Wha laa... here it is and it's so much more than I could even imagine!

I am still in shock at how awesome our God is and how much we can trust him with every aspect of our lives. He's not impersonal, He's not way up there, not caring! He's right here and he wants to be involved in our lives, wants our trust, our love, a relationship.

There is no such thing as chance or luck. Everything brought into our lives is a lesson to be learned. Sometimes, it can be painful. As I look at the past 7 years that Dan and I have gone through, painful is definitely a word that I would use to describe them. But, we have also grown in a way that isn't possible when life is a bed of roses. I'm reminded of the poem about footprints in the sand.


Footprints in the Sand


One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
other times there were one set of footprints.

This bothered me because I noticed
that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from
anguish, sorrow or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints.

So I said to the Lord,
"You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you,
you would walk with me always.
But I have noticed that during
the most trying periods of my life
there have only been one
set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most,
you have not been there for me?"

The Lord replied,
"The times when you have
seen only one set of footprints in the sand,
is when I carried you."
Mary Stevenson

I can say with assurance that there have been many times that Dan and I have been carried by our sweet savior! God is so good!

____________________________________________


Since we don't have medical or dental insurance, we haven't had the chance to have our teeth cleaned for quite awhile. A dear friend told me about our local college that does cleaning and Xrays for those that don't have insurance. (Another God thing!) So we went last Friday and all six of us had our teeth cleaned and Xrayed for....drum roll please..... $52 dollars! Yee haw! The dental assistants were young and so great with the little ones - they thought it was so fun.

____________________________________________


On another note, we are under a storm warning and could receive a foot of new snow. I start my job tonight so pray that I get there and get home with no problems. :)

Have a sweet day!

No comments: