Tuesday, April 7, 2009

workin' girl

I feel like we are starting to get a rhythm going with the working thang. I come home in the morning and either work out or take a little nap on the couch until the kiddos get up and get going.

I actually slept well on the job last night except for the scratching noises from some critter on the roof about 12:30 a.m. It woke me with a start and I lay there for a while wondering what the sound was. I checked the house and then realized the sounds were coming from the roof.


Anyway, I think this all is going to work out well. I just have to remember to get enough sleep so I'm not a grumpy, head spinning, Cybil kinda mom. I do crawl into bed and wish I was cuddled up to Big Daddy but I have to remember what a help this is to my family. All things come in seasons, this is my season to do this.


______________________________________________



Dan has been busy staining the top of my table and then putting a poly on it. He started on Saturday and it needs to cure through the end of today. We've been eating in the living room and all over the place. Once, the kiddos were released from eating at the table, the whole house became their chow hall! I will be so glad to be able to use the table starting again tomorrow. Here's how the stain turned out on the top. I love it! It's dark and the poly isn't too shiny... I didn't want it have that wet look. Dan carved all of our names in the top and beat the wood up to make it have character. He did such an beautiful job on it! I don't think I've ever had a nicer present!










___________________________________________


We signed up to help in the soup kitchen in Brainerd the other night. Everyone went and everyone helped in some form or another. On the way, I talked to the kids about how we would meet people who do not look like/dress like/ smell like us but Jesus loves them so we can too by serving them.
We served about fifty people. The kiddos handled it extremely well. There wasn't one comment about any of the people we served. I think we'll sign up to do this on a regular basis. It's so good for all of us, helps us to realize that it really isn't all about us!





No comments: