Sunday, March 22, 2009

Mmmm, homemade pizza!

Tonight we made homemade pizza which is usually a weekly occurrence around here. Dan and I are getting good at it. We have stuck with tradition pizzas, like pepperoni and beef generally because the kids eat those better! Now, we are starting to make an "adult" pizza that can be more adventurous! We add things like onions, jalapenos or some hot peppers, that the little ones will not eat. I'm looking for a great chicken pizza recipe. I'll post it if I find a good one.



We sometimes make individual pizzas. Everyone gets their own dough and they get to chose their own toppings. My sister, Carleen, used to do this when she would invite us over and it was a kid favorite!



I make the dough in my bread machine - dump in the ingredients and zap! in an hour and 1/2 it's done and ready to be made into a pizza. I have a great friend who thinks it's incredibly silly to spend time MAKING your own pizza when there's Papa Murphy's. I guess I get a deep satisfaction from knowing that what I set in front of my little ones is nutritious and I can pronounce each and every ingredient that went into it! Mind you, we still eat frozen, or store bought pizzas once in awhile. But, we've found that we can save a ton of money by cooking from scratch and who of us can't pinch a few more pennies during this downturn.














Dan started turning on the speed bake (convection) during the cooking of the pizzas. That's how the cheese gets nice and brown like this.


We were sitting at the table muching on our pizza when Levi piped up out of nowhere and said, "Mmm, I can feel the love in Mommy's sweet, homemade pizza!" What a little cheese head but it made me happy!

1 comment:

The Torpys said...

This looks scrumptious! Making pizza is so much fun! That little man of yours sure knows what to say doesnt he! But you know what, I bet he COULD taste the love!

My love to all of you!!