Sunday, March 15, 2009

my new table

My Christmas present from Dan this year was a new farmhouse table. I didn't actually get one, though, because he decided he would build one for me. We needed more length, more width, room to seat 8-10 comfortably.

Here it is! Dan's been working on it for awhile but he was able to put it together on Saturday and then we brought it into the house. The final step is to stain the top a nice, rich brown. We'll paint the bottom of the bench and stain the top just like the table. The kids love having a little more elbow room at the table. I like having extra places for guests and more room to put food on the table.

I think that the heart of a family is exposed around the table. No conversation is off limits...well, we try to steer around those poop/fart conversations but sometimes, ya just got to go there! :0 I want our table to be a place of welcome, warmth, friendship and family. Stop by sometime, you'll always be welcome!






















2 comments:

Ben, Angie & the greatest kids :-) said...

Looks awesome guys, wish I were there to stop by and share a treat at your new table! Great job Dan!

The Torpys said...

That is beautiful!! I love what you said about the family around the table, I may have to quote you!

Dan, can I be next on the list for a table? Seriously! I will pay you for it....