Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Whiny Hag is Gone...

Ok, I'm done whining and feeling sorry for myself. Sometimes I'm so ashamed of myself and how easily it is to get distracted. Eyes off myself and my circumstances and back on Him. Ahhh, so much nicer! I DO have so much to be thankful for. I feel God's presence with me and my family daily. He is my ever present help in troubled times. I am so grateful for His love and care!

 We are headed over to the north shore of Superior tomorrow to camp with the kids. We haven't done anything like that all year so it will be a nice little reprieve. Praying for good weather (we tent camp) and a fun time with the kids. We plan on seeing an old lighthouse, hiking, watching the big ships come into harbor and just enjoying each other's company.

Have a wonderful weekend. Celebrate life and love and the beauty that He's placed around us each day. It's a choice and so much better than whining or complaining! :)

Trust him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge. Selah 
Psalm 62:8

1 comment:

Ben, Angie & the greatest kids :-) said...

Colleen, you rock. Ben and I love reading your posts and praying for your family! You have been an inspiration to us and a complete vision of strength and hope. Would love to share a bike ride with you sometime in the future, and can't wait to see you on your pink cruiser :-) Hope you guys had an awesome time camping and good weather...I am guessing it was a bit chilly since we got a huge cold front here in IA after 90's all week?