Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Happy, happy, joy, joy

I'm two thirds done with my radiation. I've had a bit of fatigue but it is smooth sailing compared to chemo fatigue. My right breast area is very itchy and I've scratched enough to open up the skin in places. I'm using some cortizone cream and I've been slathering the area with lotion. Hopefully, that will take care of it. Otherwise, the doctor said he would get me some cream that is used for severe burn victims. He did tell me it would probably get worse before we're done.

I go in for my herceptin treatment tomorrow. I will so glad to have that finished in December. It's been such a long journey... Today, I just want it all to be over with. I want my boobs back, my hair back, and a body that doesn't feel like it's 80 years old. I have been poked and prodded, stuck, pinched, and today they drew on me with a Sharpie. I'm sick of it all. Will I ever see "normal" again?

Cancer is stupid! Grrr, ya think I have a bad attitude today?

1 comment:

Mary Aalgaard said...

Hang in there. There's a light at the end of the tunnel. Just look at how far you've already come!