Friday, September 16, 2011

Done with Radiation

Done with that. Check that one off the list.

I had 26 to my chest wall and then 7 to my scar and my lack-a-breast area. My chest wall is healing nicely from my burns but my arm pit is nasty looking and kinda oozy. It stinks too. Smells like laundry that's been left in the wash after washing for too long. I do actually take a shower once in awhile so it can't be from that. It's from the burns. You'd think it would smell like burnt skin, wouldn't you? It was funny because I would smell this smell and wonder if it was someone around me. Imagine my surprise when I discovered it was myself! :) It will go away when the new skin appears.

Other than that, life has been good. We've been a bit stressed by my driving to radiation every day. My Suburban cost $115 to fill and I had to fill once a week. It could have been worse though. Could have had to drive farther like St Cloud or Rochester. God has always provided what we've needed and He's not going to stop now.

Hoping to head to Colorado tomorrow after Levi's football game. It will be such a nice break. They unhooked the chain and I'm outa here. :)

1 comment:

Bob and Joleen said...

PRAISE GOD!!! I'm so ecstatic for you! Have a safe trip to Colorado!