Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Clampetts Return

We are home from Colorado. We drove all day yesterday starting at 6:15 a.m. and ending at our doorstep at 12:08 a.m. God was so good to us.

I need to confess that the whole trip was about to be booted out the door due to finances and lack of money for such a trip. I wanted to leave Saturday afternoon after Levi's football game. Dan and I crunched the figures and we decided that the trip just wasn't feasible. I took a shower and cried out to God. I told him that I know he had everything under control and if he wanted me to go to Colorado, he would have to arrange it. I also told him how much I needed to just get away for awhile after completing almost all of my cancer treatment.

I was dreading calling my family to tell that that I wasn't coming. I called and one of them said not to count the trip out yet. She wired me some money and we were on our way Saturday afternoon. I was suppose to stop somewhere along the way to sleep for the night but I was so excited that I drove all night and arrived in Colorado about 8:45 in the morning.

We had a splendid time! We went to Estes Park, the kids visited the Denver Zoo. I connected with old friends from work and old friends from high school. I ate tons of wonderful Mexican food! We spent relaxing time with family. It was just what the doctor ordered.

I am home and I feel so good. I am ready to finish up this journey. I counted up and I have only 4 or 5 Herceptin treatments left. I am almost done.

A friend shared this wonderful song and video from Martina McBride about the cancer journey. Please click here to watch. Just make sure you have a tissue handy. I have said all the things that she says in the song. I couldn't have done it without God, family, and friends. I love you all!

Will post more later. I have a car to unpack and some settlin' in to do.


1 comment:

Mary Aalgaard said...

So glad you were able to make the trip and be with family. That is good medicine!