Sunday, July 31, 2011

Sweet Surprise

I was doing my grocery shopping on Saturday when I get a call and I didn't recognize the number but I answered it anyway. It was our local bike shop. The man asks me if my name is Colleen and I reply, "Yes". He tells me that they have a bike for me at the shop. I pause for a moment, searching for the right words, "Are you sure you have the right person? I didn't drop a bike off for repairs." He tell me that he has a bike for Colleen and this was the number given. I say thanks and that I will be over there right away. I'm curious and shaky with excitement as I make my way to the bike shop.

Let me go back by saying that I have been wanting a cruiser style bike so that I can work on getting my strength back after 7 months of chemo. I had talked to a friend about purchasing one from her and then it fell through because the bike had been given to someone else. I knew that somehow I would get a bike and thought I would look at some garage sales.


I walk into the bike shop and this bike is setting here in the show room with my name on it. The card said,
Colleen! Congratulations...the Lord has worked miracles in you! Enjoy the freedom! "Count it all joy my brothers..." James 1:2-4




Mine is not white but pink. Isn't it seriously cool? And isn't it even more cool that God provided exactly what I needed and even more than I could imagine!

The man who set the bike up for me said that his mom and grandmother had had breast cancer. He told me that doing surprises like this was his favorite part of the job.

Dan and I went for a spin last evening. It rides like a dream! I felt like a kid again and I got a great workout in the process.

So, if you see a bald chick on a pink cruiser, it's probably me. :) Honk and wave, k! Mmmm, on second thought, just wave.

A BIG thank you to my anonymous gift giver(s). Your love for Him and me is amazing!

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13:13

1 comment:

Kim said...

Colleen--How cool is that! Have fun with your bike! Prayers as you continue to regain your strength.