Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Sorry...

It's taken so long for me to update My sister and crew left last Saturday. They came to help while I had my chemo. The kids had a blast while they were here as they took them bowling and to play miniature golf. They stayed up way too late and ate too much sugar but isn't that what aunts are for? :)


I DID attend Shelby's game on Tuesday and Kylie and Levi's baseball game on Wednesday night. It was a bit of a struggle for me but was well worth it for my kiddos. I spent several days in bed this time but started to come around Saturday. By Monday, I was feeling pretty close to normal.

I can't even express the joy I feel when I think about being done with chemotherapy. I started chemo on December 10, 2010 - more than six months ago. I had a little time off for surgery and recovery but, otherwise, I've been at it for a very long time. My sixteenth and final chemo will be on Tuesday, June 28. To have this leg of the journey completed will be wonderful! I'm thinking I need to have and "End of Chemo" party. Oh, yeah, I think so.

I understand that I will have a few weeks off to recover from chemo before I start my radiation. I do not know what all is involved with radiation or how many treatments I will have. I do know I will have radiation 5 days a week for a specified amount of time. I should have an appointment with my radiologist within a few weeks and will have more information then.

This Saturday, I will be walking a 5K for Susan G Komen Race for the Cure. My mother and husband will walk with me. If you are interested in donating money to help find a cure for breast cancer, Follow This Link to visit my personal web page and help me in my efforts to support Minnesota Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure.


I am having a fabulous week, enjoying not being sick. I've planted a garden and flowers. It just feels good to be "normal". I feel grateful for so many things. God is good all the time. Thanks again for your love and support.



Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High, will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1



2 comments:

Mary Aalgaard said...

I saw that you'd joined the walk. Can't wait to see you. You are amazing!

Kim said...

I just saw your pics on Mary's blogs--beautiful and encouraging! I will be praying for you on this last round of chemo--it is also my son's birthday! It was around this time 2 years ago that I finished the chemo portion of the journey! I was so very thankful! I, too, had radiation following chemo...if you have any questions/concerns...jot me an email. Praying for you and your family!