Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Crazy Hamster Sex

I was chatting with the little ones yesterday and we were talking about our plans to add a few animals to our household as pets. Levi is looking to get a couple of goldfish and Shelby wants to get a hermit crab to replace her fish that tragically died a few days ago.

Kylie and Macy want hamsters. Kylie wants a boy hamster and Macy wants a girl hamster. I told them that we could not have a boy and girl hamster in the same cage. I asked the kids if they knew why we couldn't put a boy and a girl hamster in the same cage. Levi chimed in immediately and said, "It's cuz they will have lots of sex!" Macy stood next to him nodding her head in affirmation, "Yes, they will get married and have lots of sex!"

Yes, there's that and then all those babies that follow all that sex! :) I didn't laugh out loud because I didn't want to embarrass them. So, I'll blog about it and they can be embarrassed later.

I love these kinds of conversations. They make me smile.

1 comment:

Robyn Campbell said...

Colleen, I'm a friend of Mary's and I saw the pics of the walk on her blog. Just wanted to cyber hug you and please know I'll be praying.

I love those conversations too. They can say the derndest things. :-)