Saturday, July 27, 2013

Huevos Rancheros

I think I just fixed one of my favorite breakfasts out there. I had made home made pork green chili last night so that was the prerequisite for my huevos. There are many recipes for huevos out there but this is what I've come up with.

This morning I fried corn tortillas in hot oil for a few minutes each side. Then I cooked the eggs. Dan wanted his over easy and Shelby and I like our eggs hard - not hard boiled but NO yolky middle (I made pancakes for the triplets as they are not into spicy foods so much). After the eggs were done we started assembly.

corn tortilla
refried beans
eggs
pork green chili
cheese
sour cream
salsa

Wow! Major yummy in my tummy. I love to start Saturdays with a tasty breakfast.

Wish I had a picture but we ate 'em almost faster than I could make them.


*** If you are not into making your own pork green chili a canned version would do. Not as good as mine ;) but it will do in a pinch.




No comments: