Friday, July 26, 2013

Driver's Ed

We will have another driver in the house soon. Yes, Shelby will be turning 15 in September and we are working on her learner's permit right now.

Since she is homeschooled I am allowed to do 30 hours of instruction here at home. We looked at some curriculum and found what we needed. We discovered that the Driver's License Bureau doesn't give out driving books anymore. All that information is online now.

Anywho, after we figured out a few things I assigned the 1st chapter of the book for Shelby to read and memorize. She did for about five minutes and then told me she would work on it "later". I asked her what she was doing and I had to laugh when I looked at her laptop. She had Googled "How to take a good driver's license photo" and it was up on the computer.

Do you remember 15? I do. Maybe at 15 a nice photo on my license would have topped actually studying for the test. Who knows. :)







No comments: