Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Day After

I'm alive and I HAVE BOOBIES! It's so strange to look down and see them.

My surgery went well and I was done by 4:30 - 5:00 pm. I did have problems with vomiting. I threw up every 15 minutes or so until 9 pm. They gave all the nausea meds they could and then my doctor asked me about the patch. I remembered that when I had my mastectomy they gave me a patch and I didn't get sick.

As soon as they put the patch on I stopped heaving.

Today I've slept a lot. I've been up and sitting in the chair in my room twice.

I'm so grateful to be on this side of the surgery. This feels like I've just wrapped up an epic battle.

3 comments:

JulieNBrad said...

CONGRATS CO!!! I've been watching your blog for an update and am amazed you posted one so soon! You are an inspiration (are you tired of being an inspiration? *_*) and bring tears to my eyes! I'm sorry the docs didn't think of the patch sooner, but glad you stopped heaving! Wonderful news, enjoy the new 'girls' and congrats on being on 'this side' of an epic battle indeed!

Sending lots of love!
Julie :)

Janet said...

So glad to hear you are doing well! I had the patch with my mastectomy, and had to have it removed because it dried my mouth up so much! We will be continuing to lift you in prayer for completed, uncomplicated healing!
Love, Janet

Carole said...

We haven't heard from you since April 25th, so we're becoming a little concerned. Hope you're healing ahead of schedule and that everything is going well. We continue to keep you all in our prayers.

Danny & Carole Shellhaas