Friday, October 14, 2011

Uhh, Mom, I Have Something To Tell You...

Macy just came to me and said, "Uhh, Mom, I have something to tell you." In my mind, I'm thinking, "Hmm, wonder what is about to come out of her mouth". I can never tell what is coming...

Macy says, "Awhile ago, I wanted to make you proud so I decided to clean Levi's toilet. I used the kitchen brush to clean his toilet and then I put it back in the sink and I didn't tell anyone about it until now"...

"Macy, how long ago was this?"
"Ummm, I think I was seven."

She doesn't really have a grip on the time thing so I continue with the questioning.

"Was it this year?"
"I can't remember."
"Was it yesterday?"
"No, it was awhile ago."

So here's where I'm not proud to say that I lose it a bit. I ask her how she could think it would be OK to take something from the sink that we clean dishes and water bottles with and use it to clean the toilet and then put it back without telling anyone. I tell her that we've all been drinking poo poo water out of our water bottles for how long?

She gets big tears in her eyes and I gather her close and tell her I'm sorry for yelling at her. I tell her there is nothing we can do about it now and that I'm grateful for her telling the truth. I tell her that years from now we will all look back on this and laugh hard (Actually, Shelby and I have laughed hard already).

I'm thinking to myself that I do put the brush in the dishwasher to sanitize it once in awhile and I buy a new one occasionally and throw the old one away. So, I have no idea how long we used the poo poo brush. We can't really do anything about it now, can we?

Real life. You just can't make this stuff up!


2 comments:

Mary Aalgaard said...

Thanks for the morning chuckle. I'm still giggling. She was just trying to be helpful.

Janet said...

Aren't you thankful for your strong immune systems?! Especially when you've been going through the chemo!