Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I'm Alive, I'm Alive, I'm Alive

Just wanted to post and let you know that I am doing well! Last Sunday, I felt pretty rough still but Dan took me out to breakfast and we ate out on the deck by the water at a local restaurant. It felt so good to get outside and for some reason it made me feel alive again. Someone surprised us and paid for our meal anonymously. What a treat.

By Monday, I was doing most of my normal routine. So, I actually was feeling better this go around sooner. What a blessing. I can't help but think it's because of your prayers for me. You don't know how much I appreciate them!

I haven't gotten in the dirt yet. I've planted a few pots here and there. I picked out a spot for the garden that I think will get good afternoon sun. Dan will turn over the soil for me this week and then we'll be able to get plants in the ground.

It's been cool and rainy here and we had a big storm last night that blew down three of our trees. In Colorado, tree roots have to go way down into the ground to find water. The trees out there can withstand high winds. Here, it seems like the trees blow over so easy because all the roots are on the surface. They don't have to search far for water. Hmmm, I think there is a life lesson in there somewhere.

Just wanted you to know that I'm alive and well. Dreading the next treatment but excited that I have only two left. I see the light at the end of the tunnel.

A righteous man may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all; he protects all his bones, not one of them will be broken. Psalm 34:19-20

2 comments:

Mary Aalgaard said...

So glad to read good news. I hope you get your garden in soon and feel the joy of watching it grow. Happy beginning of summer!
PS: Our Race for the Cure team is called MOMS for MAMS and we're honoring you. Let others know if they want to join us!

Kim said...

Great news on feeling better! I Love the life lesson with the tree roots!