Thursday, May 14, 2009

Off to Iowa

We spent the weekend in Iowa visiting Dan's sister, Jill and her family. We had a great time with them. Yes, it is possible to have fun in Iowa! :) Got a few of you there. I can hear my native Iowaian (is this what they are called when they are from Iowa?) mother now... "What's wrong with Iowa!" "Nothing, Mom!"

Actually, I love the farms and more farms. These people are fastidious about their lawns. Have you ever noticed that? They mow, like, acres of lawn all around their house in nifty patterns like diagonal which I cannot master. My lines are always crooked. If only I could keep up with my patch of grass in the same fashion!

I love all the barns. Dan and I have both thought that it would be so great to go around all over the country taking pictures of barns and then do a coffee table book. Yes, I know they are already out there but ours would be better! :)

Anyway, Matt and Jill are possibly going to purchase a farm and we went out to look around. We took some great pictures and I've posted a few. There's a wonderful barn on the property that the kids were infatuated with. We had lunch and spent the day roaming around out there.

We sat by a fire and had some great hamburgers, potato salad and fresh asparagus. Yum! The trip was all too short and we returned home Sunday evening with four very grumpy, sleep deprived kids that missed their cousins and aunt and uncle.






















1 comment:

Ben, Angie & the greatest kids :-) said...

Hey, Ben and I love it in Iowa! I have an Aunt and Uncle there and we have the best time there. I feel it is one of the most under appreciated states around :-)
We would buy a farm there in a heart beat if the teacher pay would support it!