Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Memoirs

We had a great, sunny Memorial weekend. Saturday was Kylie and Macy's dance recital. They did an excellent job remembering their dance and looked adorable in their little outfits. Their mom forgot their cute headpieces and didn't achieve the "messy bun" look with their hair but the earth is still rotating so I guess it wasn't that big of a deal.


They both got flowers after the performance from their Dad as well as from our friends who attended the performance.















_________________________________________


We had a bbq with friends on Sunday night. Kylie, Levi and Macy were collecting firewood for our fire and I captured this on video. Macy noticed that the camera was on her and she added these little twirls as she gathered firewood. As soon as the camera was not pointed her way, she stopped the twirls! :) What a gal!



__________________________________________

Shelby has been asking for a certain haircut for months now. She has been browsing the stylist magazines and found one she liked. So, I took her in and this is her new look! I had this moment the other day when she came up to me in the kitchen and hugged me. I just thought, "How can I have a ten year old child. It just doesn't even seem possible." Anyway, she's definitely growing up.




We are on our last week of homeschooling. We are itching to get into the lake and spend the afternoons lazing on the dock. I'm so glad summer is here!

1 comment:

The Torpys said...

Macy and Ky look wonderful! Even without the tiara :) You did a great job Mom! I would love to come see a performance next year!!

Shelby I just LOVE your hair!! Do you walk around swishing it back and forth? That's what I did when I first chopped mine. I bet it feels so light!? It makes you look older! That makes me sad ;) but I think it looks adorable!!

I am happy for you guys to be done with school! One more week and we are done too.

Love to everyone!