Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Round and Round I Go

I've been having headaches for the past 3 weeks or so. They have been pretty horrible. I am used to migraines. I was diagnosed with them many years ago. But these are different. They are coming from my back, shoulders and neck.

Recently, I've added dizziness to the equation. I actually threw up a couple of times.

I've talked to my surgeon, my doctor, ER doctor, and 2 chiropractors. I've been given enough pills that I could open my own pharmacy. Muscle relaxers, Vicodin - you name it - I've got it.

So, the prevailing opinion is that while being under for 10 hours during surgery and having my arms stretched out over my head that whole time my neck was injured or stressed.

Today, my chiropractor told me that I have positional vertigo. I start physical therapy on Friday. I'm hoping they can help me.

I feel rather whiny about the whole thing. I don't want to look like a listing ship anymore. I don't want anymore medical problems. I'm sick of doctors and medicine. I just want to get on with my life.

I know that all things come into our lives for a reason. I know that I can learn even while in pain. I know lots of things in my head. It's just my heart that doesn't get it.

On a positive note, my incisions have healed up nicely. My infected spot on my incision has healed up also. No more packing it with gauze twice a day. Yay!


No comments: