Saturday, June 5, 2010

She's a pitcher.

Shelby had an exhibition game tonight. New ball field in a neighboring town and they wanted some 12U teams to play. She said that she might pitch tonight and I told her that I doubted she would. She's still learning, just began 12U. I didn't think they would put her in. They did.

Aaaah, the mama in me doesn't want her to pitch...too much pressure, too much to learn. It made me nervous. I went to the bathroom for awhile. I came back out and she was doing fine. She ended up pitching one inning. She still has a lot to learn but she's decide pitching is where she wants to be.

So, I will learn to deep breathe and keep my eyes open. I know she's capable and a solid ball player. I will learn to relax a bit. I'm proud of her. She's fun to watch...even when she's pitching.



1 comment:

The Torpys said...

Yay! Go Shelby! I laughed out loud when I read you went to the bathroom, too funny!

We wish you BOTH best of luck :)