Thursday, January 14, 2010

Is that poop...or just chocolate?

I was in the kitchen a few days ago, doing something kitcheny - I can't remember what. Anyway, I heard this, "Moooooooooooooom" coming from the basement. Since this a regular occurrence, I listened to it a few more times before I responded. I knew that Shelby and Kylie were downstairs in the laundry room doing laundry. I asked them what they needed and they said they needed me to come downstairs immediately!

I took my time going downstairs and I saw both of my daughters up on the washing machine and the folding table. "There's poop down here on the floor!" Sure enough, it looked like poop smashed on the floor of the laundry room. I guess sitting up on the table and washing machine helps in case there is The Attack of the Laundry Floor Poop!

I took a couple dryer sheets out of the trash and scraped it up all while the girls are making gagging noises and asking me, "How could you possibly do that?". I'm a mom, that's why. I've been greeted by poop paintings all over one's crib for heaven's sake. I can handle a little poop on the floor. Next, I stuck it up to my nose and sniffed and then I really heard some gagging noises.

So, how do I know if it's really poop or maybe chocolate if I don't give it the sniff test? If it's poop, then I need to check the rest of the laundry and see if there's anymore hidden somewhere in the piles of dirty clothes. If it's chocolate, then hey, it's not really too big of a deal.

It turned out to be chocolate. My eldest daughter had a moment of clarity where she remembered that she had been eating a Fudgescicle while scrounging through the laundry and some of it had dropped on the floor. And of course, she didn't bother to clean it up. So, we had the case of The Poop Caper solved.

Real life at the Edblads.

No comments: