Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

We have had such a blessed day! It has been snowing since yesterday so we woke up to a white and snowy Christmas day! I can't think of a better way to spend this day - no offense to those who like warmth and beaches but I wouldn't trade with you for the world!

The little ones didn't get up early. Actually, Dan got up first and then I did but I think it was after 8. We had some banana bread, pumpkin bread, a tea ring and I put a breakfast casserole in the oven to bake.

The kids looked like this when they came out of their rooms:


We opened presents and then ate some breakfast casserole. Then, we opened our stockings. God was very good to us this year and we were able to actually buy Christmas gifts for the first time in several years. What a fun time we had!









One of the kid's presents was a igloo mold from Grandma and Grandpa so we went outside to try our hand at igloo making. Kylie, Levi, Macy and myself made a snowman while Grandpa, Dan and Shelby started the igloo. We have the perfect snow for both the igloo and the snowman today. We were out there for 2-3 hours but the temperatures were pretty warm so it wasn't painful. :)








This has been one of my favorite Christmas'. It might just have something to do with the wonderful snow and how it makes it feel like 'the perfect Christmas"! I LOVE THE SNOW!


Merry Christmas!

No comments: