Saturday, October 24, 2009

Flatbread Tacos

Last night for supper I was looking for something quick to make before Dan and I headed over to the church for praise team so I picked up my latest copy of Taste of Home and found this recipe that won a contest for meals in 30 minutes or less.

It was delicious and quick! Love that combination.

Flatbread tacos with ranch sour cream

1c (8oz) sour cream
2 tsp ranch salad dressing mix
1 tsp lemon juice
1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1 can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1 can diced tomatoes, undrained (I used Rotel)
1 envelope taco seasoning
1 Tbsp hot pepper sauce
1 tube large refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
Optional toppings: sliced olives, shredded lettuce, shredded cheese


In small bowl, combine sour cream, ranch dressing mix and lemon juice. chill until serving. (I used the sour cream, ranch dressing mix, and a teaspoon or two of the Pampered Chef Southwest seasoning mix. I left out the lemon juice.)

In a large skillet, cook beef over med heat until no longer pink; drain. Add beans, tomatoes, taco seasoning and pepper sauce; heat through.

Meanwhile, roll out each biscuit into a 6 inch circle. In a small nonstick skillet over med heat, cook each biscuit for 30 - 60 seconds on each side or until golden brown; keep warm.

To serve, spread each flatbread with 3 Tbsp, ranch sour cream mix; top with meat mixture. Sprinkle with desired toppings.

I'm looking forward to leftovers for lunch today!

No comments: