Monday, December 1, 2008

I'm Thankful for...

I just want to say that I'm so thankful for many things. I'm thankful for the sweet innocent faces of my children, for intricate snowflakes and cold winter weather, for warm woolen socks, for a fire to take away the chill, for the fresh salsa John made and chips to go with it, for Diet Pepsi (I'm trying to quit!), for my down comforter to snuggle under, and for all the great fun family can have while under one roof.

For Thanksgiving this year, my twin sister, her husband and my nephew came up to visit us for a week. Dan' s sister, her husband, and our niece and nephew came for a few days. We had 13 under this roof and it was quite a time we had! We had an incredible feast on Thanksgiving day and rounded out the day with games, movies and more eating!

































Friday, we drove to a neighboring town to see the fish house parade. In case you don't know what that is, I'll explain. Since it gets so darn cold up here, people drag little houses out onto the frozen lakes to fish out of all winter long. One lake close to us has around 25,000 fish houses on it during the winter. They even put up street signs on the lake so you know where to go! Anway, the parade featured some of these fish houses on trailers. It was a balmy 30 degrees the day of the parade so "out of towners" didn't get too cold! :)
















After that fun, we went to another town to see them light up the town. We ate some warm mini donuts and stood by a bonfire. We were waiting for the fireworks but ended up leaving just before they started because everyone was tired and hungry. We played more games (apples to apples and up the river/down the river). A person (who shall remain nameless) couldn't contain his/her flatulance and cleared the room of people more than once. Ahhh, only in the presence of family...





Our guests cleared out of here Saturday afternoon. Remarks like, "I sure do miss everyone!" were heard uttered from each of our lips the rest of the day. We had an incredibly fun time and thank the Burchs and Torpys for their company!

No comments: