Monday, August 25, 2008

something to tickle your funny bone

Yesterday, after our last softball game, we had a picnic with the teams we had played during the season. There is a nice pavilion and park next to the softball field and after the game, we all met up there to grill hotdogs and chat. I got the kids their plates and Dan and I waited for the line to go down before we ate.

I had finished eating when someone comes over to me to tell me that one of my children was peeing in the grass beside the pavilion. Any guesses as to who it was???? I follow the laughter to the grassy area by the playground and I see my little blonde beauty pulling her pants up. There's a bathroom 20 ft from where she decided to relieve herself but, apparently, that was just too far to walk when there's the important business of play to get back to.


I walked back through the pavilion and told the laughing people that we have a wee bit of redneck flowing through our veins. Later, we did go over the rules for peeing outside and discussed the idea that doing it around a bunch of people probably wasn't too good of an idea. :)

No comments: